Minecraft is one of the most popular games available to almost all platforms. This includes consoles, PCs and even mobile devices. But one platform about which you may wonder is a virtual reality, and the answer is yes – in Minecraft you can play on Oculus Quest 2. But it can cause you a question how to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2.
Minecraft game in virtual reality on Oculus Quest 2 may be different depending on what version of the game you have. Run Minecraft Bedrock Edition is much simpler than Java Edition. This is how to play Minecraft Bedrock and Java Editions on Oculus Quest 2.
How to play Minecraft Bedrock on Oculus Quest 2
Minecraft Bedrock Edition is almost ready to work with Oculus Quest 2. You just need to prepare a few steps. Here’s how to play Minecraft Bedrock on Oculus Quest 2 .
- Tie Oculus Quest 2 and PC using the Oculus Link application.
- Create a shortcut for Minecraft on the desktop.
- Open Oculus Link on your PC and run Minecraft.
How to play Minecraft Java on Oculus Quest 2
To force Java Edition Minecraft to work on Oculus Quest 2, it takes a little more effort. But the advantage of this version is that you can play with mods. Here’s how to play Minecraft Java on Oculus Quest 2 .
- Install the Oculus Link and Java Edition application (Client) Minecraft to your computer.
- Set the VIVECRAFT and Steam VR mod on your computer.
- Open Oculus Link, then SteamVR on your PC.
- Select the Airlink interface on your OCULUS QUEST 2.
- Use the right controller to select a virtual desktop.
- Open Minecraft Java in VIVECRAFT and select “Play”.
Minecraft is already an exciting and cheerful game, but virtual reality displays it to a completely new level. If you have Oculus Quest 2, we recommend trying Minecraft in virtual reality!
For more information about Minecraft, check out the Best Minecraft Seeds (April 2022) – Xbox One, PS4 and all platforms! and Minecraft Coral Reef Seeds 1.18 (April 2022) in the Games for Professionals.